autumn

autumn
spearfish creek - south dakota

31 May 2006

ring, ring

after sitting in interstate traffice for an hour at a speed of 1 mile an hour, my temper and my bottom decided we needed a break. it was past lunch time and i needed gas so i pulled off into some unknown place and found a country kitchen for refueling me after refueling muffy. i'm sitting quietly reading my text for summer on line classes when the phone rings. just twice. before i can pick it up it quits. so i read. it rings twice at least two more times. really annoying. so i pull it out and press recall on the last incoming call and ask stravens what can i do for him. he says i didn't call. i figure he is embarrassed because he called the wrong number...... 5 times. so i look at the number on the phone which is his, but it was the wrong time. i put the phone away thinking it is going psycho. i read, the phone rings, i pull it out, look at it, put it to my ear..... the waitress says... it isn't your phone.
sigh

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bah! i hate that.

k2h said...

ohhhhhhhhhh thats like a bad dream! that was well written and entertaining. I want you to know I did get a little enjoyment out of your situation. thanks for sharing!