autumn

autumn
spearfish creek - south dakota

01 October 2006

gifts

often gifts reflect what the giver perceives as something you want but based on what they themselves think they would like to get. My daughter is really good at really thinking about what people would like as a gift as shown by her gift of a horse book to me for my birthday. :) But others are not so perceptive. Take for example, the gifts given me by Dennis Rodman - my cat. Yesterday I was taking a much needed nap, the back door was open so the cats could go in and out. In the middle of my nap I heard a meow. When I woke, I looked over at the gift Dennis brought me. A 2 1/2 food garter snake, alive and unhurt. I know he thought it was a very special gift. It was one he would really like to get. Just think of the fun. Well Mr. Snake found himself flung with great vigor back outside to the middle of the unmown meadow that is my backyard. I can only appreciate the thought of that gift, whereas I will really enjoy reading about Secretariat!

4 comments:

k2h said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
k2h said...

my Kitty gave me a small little field mouse as a gift. I flung it of the bed in hopes she would eat it in peace, but she promptly returned (with the mouse) to reassert that it was indeed for me. she crunched it loudly later that night in protest of me not receiving it well.

Unknown said...

i may not be on time but at least i am good =).
maybe i should get my kitty a gift of a goldfish.

cynthy said...

Well.... I hate those kind of gifts from kitties! I always throw them out too.... but don't use bare hands to touche them. Yuck.
I am happy to hear that your daughter finally remembered your birthday.
Of course the horse book I gave you was one I know I would enjoy reading too. Now, what does that say about the giver???? Hmmm.