autumn

autumn
spearfish creek - south dakota

12 June 2007

misty dawn

i have been writing names on hundreds and hundreds, and hundreds of transcript plastic holders in preparation for moving files to the conference office since our school is closing. lots of interesting names.

i have never liked my name...means bitter -- if you look now for the meaning it says something about loved, but the original hebrew is bitter.

now my son tells me he doesn't like his name.

my sister's youngest son doesn't like the spelling of his name.

my daughter has the same name as thousands of her generation.

BUT, no one in our family is named misty dawn.

i saw it on a transcript.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't really mind that my name is the same as other people's. sure it gets annoying sometimes and sometimes i wish i had a unique name. but i am happy with it because my parents chose it for me and they liked it. that makes me feel loved.

Unknown said...

you are just really glad i didn't name you carrie virginia, or cassidy valentine,or .....:) hehehe

cynthy said...

Well.. mmmmm. I am okay with my name, even though I was named after my great aunt Celia. Wonder how Mom and Dad got that wrong? I was going to name my girl Celianne Marie, but God chose to give me three boys instead. Thus the last was named after me.. JayCyn [Cynthia]. Get it? He goes by Jay. Don't blame him. But he did put his full name on his business cards. [It is his legal name after all]

Donna said...

I really like the name Misty Dawn but I think it fits a horse better than a person.