autumn

autumn
spearfish creek - south dakota

24 April 2008

california trip - family

one thing very nice about this trip is that i get to see both my son and wife and my daughter and husband. before this year i had to go southwest to see my daughter and east to see my son. although both places were interesting-- the place east had an old men's coffee shop--it is nice to have both children in the same place. both of the families live in gated communities. it must be the thing out here. both of my kids are working at la sierra. my daughter is close enough to walk, but my son has to drive, but not to far, which is good. gas prices and all. surprisingly, both families only have one car. they live a short distance from each other so shop for basics at the same shopping area. the walmart is fairly large but not a super walmart. it is the first one i have been inside of that doesn't have the same layout as all the other ones i have been in. usually, once you are inside, you could be in any city--there being no clue to the local area. you could be teleported from store to store and never know where you were except inside a walmart.

No comments: