autumn

autumn
spearfish creek - south dakota

07 June 2007

treasures

while packing i keep running into treasures that i have tucked away...and forgotten

a christmas card from 2 years ago from my employer with a 100 dollar bill :) i had added some extra to it. so now i will keep adding for my trip to paris... should open a special savings account, but it is nice to feel it and see it...

a card written by my daughter for mother's day on special green paper ...:)

a little basket for potpourri decorated by my son ...: )

other observations:
like my mother i have a collection of scarves no one else will want. one is a gift from my boy friend in high school....he died from leukemia when i was a junior
i think i have a thing about time... lots of little clocks that i don't use since i now always check my cell for time and date. but i'm not going to throw them away.
i have way too many things. my advice is to think carefully what you collect. once things are in your house the items spin webs of event memories....then it is hard to get rid of them.

1 comment:

cynthy said...

Okay...
I got rid of about 6 0r 7 pick up loads of things.. and you are bringing old clocks that you don't use????

Remember... we are going to have a garage sale after you unpack. I already have more 'treasures' to sell. I keep cutting back and cutting back.

I find it easier to get rid of things after living out of a suitcase for 1 1/2 years. Very humbling. And think about this.. we can't take it with us.

I have more sorting to do tonight. What to keep .. and why?